Aloo Samosa Recipe | How to make Potato stuffed samosa
Generally Samosa is a snack that is loved by everyone from kids to adults in Indian. In the evenings, the throngs of chat shops and samosa-making shops bear witness to it. Everyone's favorite samosa can be made and tasted at home.
To make samosas we can do this very easily if we roll the dough into a cone shape and roll it a little carefully. Since we make this at home in a hygienic way, we can give these potato samosas to our kids without any fear.
Ingredients for making Aloo potato samosas Recipe
- ½ cup wheat flour
- ½ cup maida flour
- 3 potatoes
- ¼ cup green peas
- 2 green chillies
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 piece of ginger
- Required amount of oil
- Salt as needed
- A little coriander
- Chilli powder as required
- 1 tbsp Omam powder
- ½ tablespoon cumin seeds
- ½ tablespoon coriander powder
- ½ tablespoon garam masala
- ½ tablespoon cumin powder
- ¼ tablespoon pepper powder
- ½ tablespoon amsoor powder
Potato Samosa Recipe
- First prepare the green peas, green chillies, and coriander and make a paste of the ginger and garlic.
- Next, place a pan on medium heat in the oven, pour the required amount of water to boil the potatoes, put the potatoes in it and cook it for about 20 to 25 minutes.
- After 25 minutes take it out and keep it in a bowl for some time to cool and then take it out in a bowl and mash it lightly with a spoon.
- Then take a bowl and add wheat flour, maida flour, omam powder, little salt, and 3 tablespoons of oil in it and mix it well.
- Then pour water little by little and knead it for about 6 to 8 minutes to make a fine chapati dough.
- Then cover it and let it soak for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Now put a pan in the oven on medium heat, pour a tablespoon of oil in it and fry it.
- When the oil is hot, add cumin seeds, chopped green chillies and ginger garlic paste and saute until the green smell goes away.
- When the green smell of the ginger-garlic paste goes away, add the peeled green peas to it and fry it for about 2 minutes.
- After 2 minutes, add the mashed potatoes, coriander powder, garam masala, cumin powder, pepper powder, amsoor powder, coriander, required amount of salt and chili powder as per your choice and stir it well.
- Once it is cooked turn off the stove and let it cool down for a while.
- Now take the soaked dough and roll it into small balls.
- Then put it on the chapati stone and rub it a little thick like a chapati rub and cut it in half with a knife.
- Next, we cut the dough in half and fold it into a cone shape and put the potato masala we have made inside it and fold it underneath and cover the edges with a little water.
- Prepare the rest of the batter and keep it in a plate.
- Now place a pan on a medium heat in the oven and put the samosas in it, add enough oil to fry it and let it cook.
- After frying the oil, put the samosas we have prepared in it one by one according to the size of the pan and cook it until it turns golden brown.
- Once the samosas are golden brown, take them out with a slotted spoon, drain the oil well, keep them in a bowl and serve with ketchup.
- Now your hot and crunchy potato samosa is ready. Make this a must at home and enjoy it with your family.