How to make Turkey Chicken Briyani Recipe
Leftover Turkey biryani has always been a fascinating dish . it was famous during Diwali or Deepawali or Easter festival., This biryani has a vibrant flavor and taste.
For Boiling The Rice :
Basmati Rice (washed and soaked) - 600g
Water - As RequiredGinger Garlic Paste - ½ tbsp
Salt - 1 tbsp For the masala : Groundnut Oil - 4 tbsp Ghee - 1 tbsp Cinnamon - 4 Sticks Green Cardamom - 7 nos Cloves - 5 nos Bay Leaf - 1 no Green Chillies (slit) - 3 nos Onion (sliced) - 5 nos Coriander leaves (roughly chopped) - ½ Cup Mint Leaves (roughly chopped) - ½ Cup Tomato (sliced) - 5 nos Curd - ¾ Cup Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder - 1 tbsp Turkey (curry cut) - 1 kg Salt - 1 tbsp Water - 4 Cups
Chopped coriander / cilantro
1. Wash and soak the rice for 20 minutes.
2. Heat oil in a big pot, add the whole spices and let it crackle
3. Add the onions and green chillies and saute it till the onions start to turn golden brown.
4. Add the mint, coriander and mix it till it turns aromatic.
5. Add kashmiri chilli powder and mix till it becomes nice and red
6. Add the tomatoes and mix it for 2 minutes.
7. Add the curd, mix it well and cook till the tomatoes become soft.
8. Add the turkey and cook it well in the masala for about 10 minutes.
Add water and bring it to a boil.
9. Add salt and mix it well. Then cover and cook the turkey on a medium flame for 40 minutes
10. In the meantime, heat water to boil in another pot, add salt, ghee and ginger garlic paste.
11. Bring the water to a boil, add rice and cook the rice in boiling water for 3 minutes.
Strain it immediately and keep it aside. Reserve a cup of the rice water.
12. Once the 40 minutes is up for cooking the turkey, add the par boiled rice to the turkey mixture, and fold it over gently.
13. Pour ¾ cup of the reserved rice water over the rice and level it.
14. Cover the pot tightly with silver foil and place the lid and press it down.
15. Place the pot on a preheated tawa and keep it for dum for 5 minutes on a medium flame and for 10 minutes on a low flame.
16. After 15 minutes, turn off the flame and let the biryani rest for another 5 minutes.
17. Now open The pot, fluff the rice gently.
18. Turn out into bowl - or onto platter. Garnish with Crispy onion and coriander
19. Serve it hot along with raita and enjoy your Diwali/Easter special Turkey Biryani.