Whole Wheat Bread Recipe
Brown bread is equal to white bread in calories, but: it is useful for the digestive system, colon cleanser, anti-constipation, a feeling of more.
Making Whole Wheat bread at home can be a rewarding and delicious experience
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup flax seeds
Steps for Whole Wheat Bread
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the water, honey, and yeast. Stir to dissolve the yeast.
- Let the mixture sit for 5-10 minutes, until it becomes foamy.
- Add the whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, flax seeds and salt to the bowl and mix until a dough forms.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for 8-10 minutes, until it becomes smooth and elastic.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover it with a towel, and set it aside to rise in a warm place for 1 hour, or until it has doubled in size.
- Punch down the dough and shape it into a loaf. Place it in a greased 9x5-inch loaf pan.
- Cover the pan with a towel and set it aside to rise for an additional 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Bake the bread for 35-40 minutes, or until it is golden brown and sounds hollow when tapped.
- Remove the bread from the oven and allow it to cool in the pan for a few minutes before removing it to a wire rack to cool completely.